If you tell enough stories, perhaps the moral will show up.

2009-03-25

"It's Wrong to Wish on Space Hard Ware"

I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care.

I saw the space station!

On Monday night, I did it properly, looked up the ephemeris on Heaven's Above, prepped up the less mad son, and saw it rise and brighten splendidly out of the ruins of the sunset, fly right overhead, flare sunset orange and drop suddenly into the shadow about ten degrees past the zenith. All highly satisfactory, and making me feel like a Proper Dad.

Then today, walking west on my way home from the station, a familiar-looking star caught my eye with its rapid rise and increasing brightness. I watched and sure enough it disappeared twenty degrees past the zenith. Pure fluke, but I caught the time and there's the transit on the site.

No comments: