If you tell enough stories, perhaps the moral will show up.

2009-03-02

Financial Insecurity

When I drafted this this morning, I wondered if I was only one who interpreted this as a cabinet minister threatening Goodwin with a bill of attainder? A quick google shows I wasn't, and in fact there doesn't seem to be any alternative construction. The problem would arise at the ECHR and I suppose that's why mad Harry (or the rest of the government anyway) is backing away.
Mark my words. Sometime over the next few months, there will be a quiet announcement: The matter is settled, and the settlement is secret. Though the spokesman will be authorised to say that Sir Fred Goodwin has agreed to reduce his pension payments. And every year, £700,000 will be paid out -- under a variety of headings -- to Sir Bentnose.

No comments: